Up to 6 months of protection
Sump‐Dri units are expected to protect a 75-100 cu.ft. space for up to 6 months under typical conditions, but functional duration may be shorter or longer depending on humidity level, temperature, how well the sump is sealed, and frequency that the sump space is opened. Larger spaces or extended maintenance periods may elect to install multiple units. Sump-Dri units should be changed when the desiccant in the upper chamber has completely depleted.
- Keeps the sump in better condition, enabling easier access for service and ensuring longer life of parts contained in the sump.
- Developed to prevent and control corrosion that leads to the degradation of equipment.
- Custom desiccant blend specifically formulated to protect equipment in the STP sump from corrosive conditions, by reducing relative humidity and neutralizing corrosive acetic acid vapors.
- Absorbed moisture and neutralized acetic acid vapors create a brine solution, which is collected and trapped in the reservoir to limit re-evaporation.
- Shown to reduce relative humidity by 55%.
- Included carabiner is used to clip Sump-Dri to be hung from the submersible turbine pump, or other existing equipment in sump.
- Sump-Dri should be positioned as high as possible in the sump. Height can be adjusted using plastic slide on strap unclipped from Sump-Dri, looped around equipment, then re-attached to the unit.
- Use alone or in conjunction with protective coatings for added insurance.
- For maximum effectiveness, sump should be tight and free from standing water. Sump lids and covers should be in good condition.
Typical Waste Brine Volume when Depleted
1.0 to 1.4 gallons (4”‐7” of brine)
-4° to 150°F [-20° to 65°C]
-4° to 150°F [‐20° to 65°C]
15.5″ x 15.5″ x 3.25″
Polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) plastics
3 years, under typical conditions, when left in sealed barrier bag