Faster Fueling Times
Available on FE Petro™ brand 2 Hp models, a MagShell™ expands the pump motor shell to increase the flow area around the motor by 45%. The expanded flow area creates significantly higher flow rates compared to a traditional pump motor shell. This additional flow capability is equivalent to having one more nozzle open during peak operating times.
Active Air Eliminator
FE Petro™ brand STPs come standard with active air elimination, which eliminates air through the highest point in the pump head at all times when the pump is running, assuring air does not pass into discharge piping.
Safety and Ease of Maintenance
FE Petro™ brand STPs include a contractor electrical disconnect, which requires loosening only one bolt, allowing motor wiring to be disconnected without venting the dangerous tank vapors into the sump when servicing FE Petro™ submersible products.
Manual Pressure Relief
As a standard FE Petro™ feature a vent screw is provided to bleed line pressure to zero when necessary. By turning this screw, product is diverted back to the tank, dropping line pressure to zero. This reduces fuel discharged into the sump manhole or dispenser pan during servicing, further protecting service technicians and the environment.
If ever required, the pump can be easily removed from the tank by unthreading three bolts. There is no need to disconnect the syphon system or to remove the leak detector from the system to service the STP.
The VL2 pump fits 94% of all known tank diameters and tank bury depth combinations. The VL1 and VL3 are available to handle installations shorter or longer than this range. The telescoping connection is a patented FE Petro feature. Pump length can be set by making one simple measurement and setting the pump length without affecting the UL listing.
Reliable Check Valve
The STP uses the proven FE Petro™ line check valve. At 2 ¾” in diameter, this valve reduces pressure loss at high flow rates resulting in faster fueling times. FE Petro™ line check valves are offered in multiple configurations to best suit your line leak application.
Outlast, Outperform with Franklin Electric Inside
FE Petro™ STPs are powered by the legendary Franklin Electric motor and built for long term performance. Franklin Electric-powered submersible pumps provide maximum uptime and a proven track record in the fueling industry that spans more than four decades. They feature best-in-class flow rates and a long history of dependability.
- 2 Hp fixed speed models are available in variable length and fixed length options.
- Check valve: 2 ¾” diameter fluorocarbon seal constructed with cast aluminum body and steel backing washer.
- Pressure relief valve: available in four pressure relief settings, integral to check valve. Standard model relieves at 40 psi and resets above 35 psi.
- Syphon: venturi-type syphon primer supplied with every submersible. Syphon check valve and secondary syphon sold separately.
- Air eliminator: every submersible includes a tank return path with one-way check valve to provide active air elimination.
- Electrical disconnect: electrical yoke for positive contractor disconnect during service.
- 2 Hp fixed speed, 3450 rpm, multi-stage centrifugal type pump motor with integral, automatic, thermal overload protection.
- Standard pressure (M200, two-stage) model, max. pressure = 36 psi.
- High pressure (HM200, three-stage) model, max. pressure = 45 psi.
- Available with MagShell™ for 45% increased flow area around motor.
- 2 Hp fixed speed models require single-phase, 208-230 VAC, 60 Hz incoming power.
- 2 Hp fixed speed models incorporate a starting and running capacitor, with internal bleed resistor, rated 370 Volt, 40 microfarad.
- STP-SCI single-phase smart controllers and STP-CBS single-phase control boxes are available for 2 Hp pump control.
- Max. motor draw: 12 Amps.
- Max. liquid viscosity: 70 SSU at 60 °F (15 °C).
- Standard STP models are UL and cUL listed for fuel mixtures containing up to 10% ethanol with gasoline, and 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE or 17% TAME with gasoline.
- STPAG (AG compatible) models are UL and cUL listed for fuel mixtures containing diesel fuel with up to 20% biodiesel, 100% biodiesel, up to 85% ethanol with gasoline, and 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE or 17% TAME with gasoline.
- 2 Hp fixed speed models can also be used with diesel fuels, fuel oils, kerosene, Avgas and jet fuels in a non-gelled pourable state.
- All wetted elastomers are made of a high grade, fluorocarbon compound.
- cULus listed.
- Consult factory for applicable approvals.
- Franklin Fueling Systems is an ISO 9001Certified Manufacturer