- Coupling is designed to minimize spillage and damage associated with drive away and pull away incidents.
- Typical applications: loading rack
- Designed to be installed between a fixed point (pipe, pump, manifold) and a hose
- Coupling automatically senses an excessive load, closes the valves and disconnects
- High flow rate / low pressure drop
How It Works
- The safety break-away valve consists of two halves, each with a valve that has an O-ring seal. When the safety break-away couplings separate, it allows the valves to close. The two valves close rapidly, minimizing exposure to personnel and the environment.
- Safety break-away couplings have three external break bolts. In the case of axial tension all of the bolts take up the force corresponding to the break force on the hose with a safety margin. Non-axial forces concentrate the tension forces more strongly on one bolt, so that the safety break-away coupling reacts in a natural way to the reduction of the hose break forces.